Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grand Finale! Last Day with Ms. Shari Soffe



Hello everyone. Today, Mom surprised me and let me interview Ms. Shari. She actually said I could call her that. It was totally COOL! She was more awesome in person than in the books. Okay, okay. Mom is telling me to get on with it.


1. Ms. Soffe, I love your books. I especially love Snuffle. How did you come up with that character and that name? I love that name.

Thank you, Chloe. Snuffle was patterned after a family member. He has a childlike innocence and enthusiasm that I love. A writer friend didn't like the very ordinary names I originally gave the raccoons. She suggested Rooter, and I came up with Snuffle based on the way they act.

2. Rooter is cute too! What inspired him?

Ahhh, Rooter is mostly me. I was the oldest of four children and I sometimes felt little brothers were a nuisance. My brother is all grown up now and we are good friends.

3. Will you do another book for us? Pretty please! When?

To tell you the truth I hadn't thought about doing another Rooter and Snuffle book until recently. My illustrator, Kevin Scott Collier, asked me if I had another one so I think I will write one.

4. YAY! Victory is MINE!!! LOL! Okay. Tell me all your books so I can get Daddy to buy them for me. Where can he get them?

THE MISADVENTURES OF ROOTER AND SNUFFLE
ON THE GO WITH ROOTER AND SNUFFLE
TROUBLE FINDS ROOTER AND SNUFFLE

Chloe, your daddy can find them at http://www.guardianangelpublishing.com and at all online and brick and mortar book stores.

5. Mommy thinks I've taken up enough of your time. Will you come back to visit us soon?

I have enjoyed this visit. I would be happy to come back. Thank you for having me.


This was the best present I could have ever gotten. I loved interviewing Ms. Shari. She's our new family friend. She's coming back again when her new book comes out, Mom said.


No comments: